August,2011 Current Activities Summary:
The Hope of Children organization has purchased 11 acres of land that will be the permanent home for the children. This will comprise of the children’s house, a clinic that will also be accessible to the local community as well as a community center.
We have started a few farming projects on the land that we hope will provide most of the daily food and income needed for the day to day activities. These include the following:
1. Raising pigs: currently 12 pigs, our goal is to have these multiply to 100 pigs.
2. Raising cattle: currently 2 calves, and 2 cows, our goal is to have at least 20 milk cows.
3. Raising goats: currently 2 kids and 4 goats, our goal is to have 20 goats.
4. Raising chickens: currently 12 chickens, our goal is to have 100 layers.
5. We are also growing the following crops: corn, beans, soy beans and sweet potatoes. We hope to expand the crop growing to include more crops and vegetables.
1. Housing: Our next major project is to construct a two storey permanent house for the children on the land; the house will have 8 bedrooms, a kitchen, 3 bathrooms and living room, and a reading room. This project is estimated to cost roughly $50,000.00. We are currently fundraising for this project and hope to kick it off before the end of this year.
• First fundraising: Pancake breakfast to be held on August 14th, 2011 at Clover ridge community room in Chaska, Minnesota.
Click on the image here and read the complete article in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.